Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Steen Ove Hansen
Member of the Board of directors since the establishment of the company in 2012
- Private Consultant
- Other positions of trust: Masava Kemi (member of the board of the directors).
- Competences: Indsutry and business development, logistics and the offshore industry in general, extensive knowledge on logistics and business development in Greenland
- Qualifications: Shipping agent, Germand and English correspondent, 20+ years of experience with logistics, business development and offshore services from Danbor in both Denmark, the Faroe Islands, United Kingdom and Greenland.
Oddbjørg Varhaug Greiner
Member of the board of directors since the establishment of the company in 2012
- Other positions of trust: None at the moment
- Competences: Oil pollution response, oil pollution contingency, petroleum exploration and production, extenive knowledege on the offshore industry and the Norwegian offshore requirements which are used as guidelines by the Greenlandic authorities for offshore activities.
- Qualifications: Master in Geology from NTNU 20+ years of experience with Norwegian and internations petroleum exploration, 8 years as Offshore Installation Manager and 5 years as operative director at NOFO.
Member of the board since the establishment of the company in 2012
- Chief Controller, Air Greenland
- Other positions of trust:None at the moment
- Competences: Management accounting, business economics, extenisve knowledege to Greenlandic market conditions, project management and strategival development
- Qualifications: General Management Programme (CEDEP, Insead), National economics (Ilisimatusarfik), statistics (Ilisimatusarfik), Merkonom business economy (Ilisimatusarfik), 20+ years of experience with management acoounting and business economy at Air Greeenland.(Ilisimatusarfik), 20+ år med økonomistyring og driftsøkonomi i Air Greenland.
The members of the Board of Directors receive a fixed annual fee of currently; DKK 50,000 for the members, DKK 75.000 for the vice-chairman and DKK 150.000 for the Chairman. The fee is in compliance with the owner’s recommendations for companies of the same category as Greenland Oil Spill Response. No employee representatives have been appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors. The Board of Directors in Greenland Oil Spill Response holds four ordinary Board meetings annually. The Board of Directors performs an annual “self- evaluation” and notifies the owner, the Government of Greenland of the result and its recommendation.